Caretaker 99 jet problem

sak474

Jun 4, 2012
I have a Caretaker system and need to replace one of the "99" jets. The jet broke off at the point between the "teeth" thereby leaving the bottom half in the pool bottom receptacle. The bottom half is stuck and I can't manage to get it out. Any suggestions? I've tried twisting the unit, but nothing. Looking at a new jet I can see that it twists in clockwise, but I can't budge the broken piece. HELP!!!

If you're looking at a complete unit, you will notice that the unit separated at the point "between" the teeth. i.e. the bottom half of the unit is still stuck in the pool floor receptacle. All that came out was the top half of the jet with the top portion of the teeth. The "collar" still remains in the floor. The part that is still in the floor would contain the section that does not pop up when the jet is pressurized. When I get home today I will take a pix of it.

earlier models (late 80's and 90's) screw in counterclockwise, not clockwise. assuming you have the removal tool, try removing another popup turning clockwise and see what happens.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.