Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Caretaker 99 jet problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Caretaker 99 jet problem

I have a Caretaker system and need to replace one of the "99" jets. The jet broke off at the point between the "teeth" thereby leaving the bottom half in the pool bottom receptacle. The bottom half is stuck and I can't manage to get it out. Any suggestions? I've tried twisting the unit, but nothing. Looking at a new jet I can see that it twists in clockwise, but I can't budge the broken piece. HELP!!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Caretaker 99 jet problem

Welcome to TFP!
    That's a tough one. I'm having a hard time picturing it; are all the teeth broken off, to where the jet should just pull straight up?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

If you're looking at a complete unit, you will notice that the unit separated at the point "between" the teeth. i.e. the bottom half of the unit is still stuck in the pool floor receptacle. All that came out was the top half of the jet with the top portion of the teeth. The "collar" still remains in the floor. The part that is still in the floor would contain the section that does not pop up when the jet is pressurized. When I get home today I will take a pix of it.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

earlier models (late 80's and 90's) screw in counterclockwise, not clockwise. assuming you have the removal tool, try removing another popup turning clockwise and see what happens.