New robot, blue diamond (i think)

May 15, 2009
Mason, OH
Hi everyone, i am going to take the plunge this summer and get a robot cleaner. The reviews on these things are all over the map but i think i have decided on a Blue diamond, mostly because the warranty is two years longer than most other bots. I was wondering if folks here have actually had to use that warranty and how was the experience? Also i assume the BD is ok to use in salt water ppools?

I have a salt pool n a blue diamond. Works great! I do recommend the remote though,it does miss some spots. Climbs walls really well but will get stuck sometimes around steps. Knock on wood,no problems so far but it's only my 2nd season. Warranty is one of reasons I chose the BD.

Not trying to dump on the thread, but after reading the specifics on the Blue Diamond warranty Im actually disappointed.

4 yrs or 400 cycles? So if I happen to just dump it in quickly thats 1 less cycle?

Not sure I see that as a good warranty. 4 yrs, yes. But if for some odd reason I end up using all my cycles, then what? I know its akin to a yr/mileage warranty on a car, and maybe 100 cycles/yr is a lot more than Ill ever need, but Id hate to feel like Im not cleaning the pool because Im worried about using cycles.

I hear you. I agree that worrying about cycles would be a pain. I knew that going in and just bought one anyway. I figure twice a week should be fine. More or less depending on the seasons and what falls in. The good thing is that is seems super reliable. I like the sleek look and features of the Polaris 9300 but a 2 year warranty is too short. The Dolphins have 3 years but the BD seems to be a better machine. I don't want one that you leaver in the pool all the time so a 1 hour cycle to clean the whole pool sounds great. We'll see.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.