Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New robot, blue diamond (i think)

1. Back To Top    #1

Mason, OH

New robot, blue diamond (i think)

Hi everyone, i am going to take the plunge this summer and get a robot cleaner. The reviews on these things are all over the map but i think i have decided on a Blue diamond, mostly because the warranty is two years longer than most other bots. I was wondering if folks here have actually had to use that warranty and how was the experience? Also i assume the BD is ok to use in salt water ppools?
    20,000 Gallon In-ground Vinyl Liner
    Hayward Sand Filter
    CompuPool CPSC48 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: New robot, blue diamond (i think)

It should be just fine in a salt pool. I don't remember any of our members commenting on the warranty experience, just that the cleaner works well.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a salt pool n a blue diamond. Works great! I do recommend the remote though,it does miss some spots. Climbs walls really well but will get stuck sometimes around steps. Knock on wood,no problems so far but it's only my 2nd season. Warranty is one of reasons I chose the BD.
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Milford, CT

Not trying to dump on the thread, but after reading the specifics on the Blue Diamond warranty Im actually disappointed.

4 yrs or 400 cycles? So if I happen to just dump it in quickly thats 1 less cycle?

Not sure I see that as a good warranty. 4 yrs, yes. But if for some odd reason I end up using all my cycles, then what? I know its akin to a yr/mileage warranty on a car, and maybe 100 cycles/yr is a lot more than Ill ever need, but Id hate to feel like Im not cleaning the pool because Im worried about using cycles.
    22K IG vinyl, .5HP Northstar pump, S244T filter, AutoPilot Digital w/SC-48 cell

5. Back To Top    #5

Mountain Brook, AL

I hear you. I agree that worrying about cycles would be a pain. I knew that going in and just bought one anyway. I figure twice a week should be fine. More or less depending on the seasons and what falls in. The good thing is that is seems super reliable. I like the sleek look and features of the Polaris 9300 but a 2 year warranty is too short. The Dolphins have 3 years but the BD seems to be a better machine. I don't want one that you leaver in the pool all the time so a 1 hour cycle to clean the whole pool sounds great. We'll see.
    13,500 gallon IG Diamond Brite Super Blue, Pentair Superflo 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 300 lb Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward Swim Pure+ SWG, Four 4X20 Fafco Solar Bears, Jandy Lite2 NG Heater, Borates, Blue Diamond Robot, TF100 & Refills, Taylor SpeedStir