Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 633T 2500gph filter

1. Back To Top    #1

NW PA, halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie in the PA snowbelt

Intex 633T 2500gph filter

Haven't even been able to get in the pool to enjoy it and it's broke already

Intex 633T 2500 gph pump. Fired it up on Tuesday and ran it 24 hrs Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday, switched it to the timer function for 12 hours. Starts 7am and stops 7pm.

Saturday I look outside when the SWG should be running and no water is flowing. Timer function stopped. I can't get it going on the timer function. Turning it straight on works fine.

Anyone have experience with this?

I'd rather just run it on my own timer, but when my timer shuts down, the inline GFI on the pump trips. I would rather just cut the inline GFI off and plug into my timer and GFI outlet, but that would certainly void warranty.

I have to call Intex about it (a hassle from what I've heard) and figured I'd ask the experts here if anyone had any input on it.

22' round Intex UltraFrame pool, Intex 633T 2500gph paper cartridge filter/pump
    with broken Intex SWG, using bleach this year
    TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

New Caney, Texas

Re: Intex 633T 2500gph filter

If its under warranty I would call intex.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Intex 633T 2500gph filter

As George said, if it's under warranty don't do anything till you call Intex. There have been several people lately that have had warranty issues and they've all reported pleasent experiences dealing with Intex Warranty dept.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit