Run my SWG until the new cell arrives without any damage

I have the same issue, except my instant salt readings alternate between -2000 and -100, even though the salt concentration is 3400, as measured independently by my pool technician. Since the cell is 10 years old (only runs 4 months per year/12 hours per day at 30%), I am assuming it needs replacing and I have a new one on order.

My question is this - can I still run my SWG until the new cell arrives without any damage to the controller? I have been able to trick it into working every day by recalibrating the average salt reading to an acceptable reading at start up. I then run it at 100% until the average reading falls to a low level and chlorine generating stops - this usually takes about 4 hours, which is sufficient time to sanitize my pool. I dont want to do anything to damage the rest of my system while waiting for my new cell to arrive.

10 years is a long time to get out of a cell so I'd say it's time to replace it.

The controller should have circuitry in it to protect itself so running it shouldn't hurt it until you can get a new cell. Be aware that it won't be long before it quits completely.

I realize it is a long time - just lucky I guess. The T15 is way oversize for my pool, so I never run it over 30%, and being in Canada, the season is short, so that probably helps too.

The new cell was shipped today, should have it in a couple of days. In the meantime, looks like I am okay to run the old one at 100% for a few hours a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.