Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: approx how much bleach daily?

1. Back To Top    #1

approx how much bleach daily?

i know i seem to be spaming these forums but im just aslow learner and am hoping to do it right this time.

well my pool is 9000G approx, how much bleach at 6% should i be adding daily once stable and at first, i know i should test daily but i am just working out figures at the moment. i need to automate my bleach/chlorine adding method as i work out of town 3 weeks at a time then 2 weeks off any my current problem is when i go away it alwasy goes green so i dose it with $100 worth of chemicals when i get back, go away again then repeat.

my partner is home but she also works shift work.

pool hasnt even had a pump on during all summer im just over it. its either BBB or fill it in.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: approx how much bleach daily?

If you tell us a bit more about your pool, perhaps someone with similar conditions can tell you how much bleach they use.

What part of the country are you in, do you get much debris in your pool, what type? How much sun does it get, what is your CYA level?, what is your bather load?

Ike

p.s. My pool is nearly 4 times larger than yours, and uses less than a quart per day of 6% bleach, but this is likely to not mean much to you, since mine is an indoor pool, and does not get much UV sun exposure.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Live in central qld Australia sunny climate no frost ever. 100f is pretty common in summer winter at night a 45f is a cold nite. Pool get a bit of shade but also gets mid day son. It also gets a fair few leaves in it.

Well in last 2 summers I haven't spent 2hrs in it and that was just walking along bottom scooping up leaves.

I can easily add a 3" pool tablet of
    I use it.

Pool is fibreglass inground. 45'x10' with a constant depth of 5ft

4. Back To Top    #4

thast the pool from when i bought the place 3 years ago no i can not even see the 1st step. also not they added blue die so i could not see contion of teh pools shell which is pretty crud.

5. Back To Top    #5

If everything is balanced perfectly you should be able to get by with about 1 quart of 6% bleach per day. However, actual usage will vary with the weather, water temperature, and the number of people swimming. It is best to figure it out by testing and adjusting to your target FC level and seeing how much you actually use.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

thanx jason thats close enough to 1L which will be .5L of my stronger 13% chlorine or .50c perday cheap as chips

7. Back To Top    #7

Since you're gone on a regular basis you should look into an injection system or add a swcg. That way you're partner could check on it daily (or nightly) just to make sure everything is operating correctly.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

My last swg blew up. Also what do u mean by injection?

9. Back To Top    #9

I travel a lot, and must say I've tried a few different methods and found SWG was the way to go. What SWG do you have that blew up? Maybe it just needs a cleaning or a new cell?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

10. Back To Top    #10

I had a aquasphere unit cheap basic unit. I had high salt so salt led flashes (low salt is solid led) took water sample they told me I had low salt added 3 bags and burned it out.

Its not covered by warrenty as its high salt it's still pretty new

11. Back To Top    #11

An injection system uses a pump and a drum of liquid chlorine and injects it into the return to the pool.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

It may be that the SWG is still the right answer for you. If your unit was undersized, or if the water chemistry was poor, it may be that that could all be corrected so that system works well for you.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

13. Back To Top    #13

Yep I'm going to do the injection method with a chemical dosing pump.

Swg was oversized it was made for 20000g pools. Swg was returned to manufacture and was pretty much told unlucky it was to high salt levels which burnt out a part of the unit it's self and gave me a $600 figure to fix it.

Was looking at other swg but all are out of my budget my unit also costs a fortune for new swg cells so chlorine mine work out to be just a cheap in the long run. Considering with my minimal load I would barley need to run the filter (compared to running it for ages just to let swg run)