Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intex saltwater revision

1. Back To Top    #1

intex saltwater revision

Got my ultra frame 18*48 setup put an in wall skimmer on it and an intex 2650 sand pump (will post some pics soon ) and want to add a saltwater system.
    Question I have is what is the newest model out?
    I see them with different letters on the end which means a different revision just wondering which is the latest out the intex website is sorry for any info.
    30x14 vinyl 12,500 gal irregular,progrid DE filter, 1 hp hayward pump, 200k btu heater natural gas,aquarite SWG. live in NYC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: intex saltwater revision

Actually, the older models are better for the Intex SWG's. I'm not up on the part numbers but you can tell by the faceplate. I have the 2 button one which is the older model. The newer one has more buttons and has a feature that adds copper and it puts out less chlorine than the older model. Some have unplugged the copper feature because it's not good to add that to the water. The one good feature to the new model is it doesn't lose it's settings when it loses power if memory serves me plus it has GFCI built in at least on the model ending in "G".
    Mike
    2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)

3. Back To Top    #3

I just installed a unit but have not turned it on as I am letting the salt mix, your saying don't use the copper function? What is the pro/con of it?

4. Back To Top    #4

The copper system adds copper to your water, which can cause copper staining in the pool and green hair on your people.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks RobbieH, any idea where/how to disable this on the 2012 model. From the sounds of it I don't want it.

6. Back To Top    #6

I think some people have unplugged that part or maybe removed it and capped off the hole.
    Mike
    2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)

7. Back To Top    #7

Just unscrew the retaining ring and unplug the connector on the copper bar.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -