LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2012
Gold Canyon, AZ
fc 7.0
ph 7.4
cya 50
ta 110
cc 0 :)

from what i understand reading this site, it is a good idea to bump up my fc a couple right before people are going to be swimming if there are a good number of them or if there are a few kids. prevention instead of fixing, right?

so my question is, i get a phone call that 8 people including kids are coming to swim in like 10 mins, can i drop in my 36 oz. of 10% before they jump in?

how much can i pour in? (maybe i am 3 below target and want 2 above, so i need like 90 oz.)
any good rules of thumb?

thanks again for all the clean water and help

It also helps if you brush the pool to help circulate the chlorine around some too. That.....and we're all guilty of not brushing the pool enough.

[center:lapkh8qh]30 minutes is being generous. If you want to mix it up fast, buy yourself a Wall Whale.

wall_whale_nylon_24.jpg

One lap around the pool brushing every couple feet will mix it up good enough that no one will hit a pocket of acid or bleach.
And then once they get it, they'll finish mixing it.[/center:lapkh8qh]

With my cya at 50, the cl/cya chart says that my free cl min is 4 and target is 6 and shock is 20.

Is there any harm keeping my cl at 8 instead of 6 - just in case there is a sudden heavy bather load?

I'm fine with bumping it up a couple before hand, but it would be easier just to keep it there at all times.

What about 10 or more (stay below shock level of course)? Does this have an adverse effect on chemistry?

If my cl daily loss is about 2ppm, would it increase the higher above target that I go? cuz that would mean more money and I'm not into that ;)

Thanks for any clarification.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.