Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Got a fix for my non constipated catapillers!

1. Back To Top    #1

Got a fix for my non constipated catapillers!

Well this year the catapillers have been in full force. . . The traditional vacuum really is a pain in the rear and I am having to do it several times a day until the caterpillars change stages . . .so I had removed the submersible pump fountain since I opened a return doing the in wall skimmer and made a fountain from there . .so I took a pool vac head and dremeled the opening a little bigger and mated the pump to the vac head. Rigged a cotton sock in a stocking for debree bag. Attached to pole and routed cord. . .this thing is incredible!! I can get the pool spotless in around 5 mins . .even pulling stuff out from the seam that tends to hide. Completely self contained and couldnt be easier. I am at a loss why a vendor doesn't offer something similar but not rigged up like mine. Everything I have seen self contained is either very low end and doesn't work well or super expensive. Maybe I just don't know of the products, but something that doesn't use pool filter pump, have to get air out, fumbled with hoses, etc. just stick in the pool and go like a mop. Any ideas? Also . . If anyone needs bags of moist catapiller poop . . I'm your man!
    24' Round Above Ground, Metal by SOLEX
    Heat Pump, Focus Temp INSTAMAHK 80
    Hayward S-180T Sand Filter
    Hayward Ultra Pro LX Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Got a fix for my non constipated catapillers!

I'll pass on the caterpillar poop, but can we see a picture of your setup? I can't quite picture it.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Got a fix for my non constipated catapillers!

I'd like to see a pic of that too.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit