Dolphin Premier

I took the plunge, just picked up my M5 for $1150 + $80 tax !!!! I called a pool store, this past Monday morning that is halfway between my home and office and the girl quoted me $1150 , I said you're sure this is for the M5, she said yes . I gave her my credit card and had to put down a 50% deposit. She called me today that it arrived. I picked it up on the way home , the boss said to me , you know it's really $250 more for the machine , but since she quoted you for less , I'm honoring it .(I saw they had the M4 for $1095, in the store). I threw it in the pool tonight, picking up alot of leaves from the winter . I really hope it works well .....

Rescue30, I think I greased the skids for you. :)

I called a store early last week (I am guessing the same store you bought from) and after a couple days of waiting, got a call back with the same price (price quote supposedly came from the owner)... I did not order at the time, as I was still deciding what model. I called back today to order and they will not honor the price they gave me. Will not sell it for less than $1399. Not even a small discount for having quoted me $1150 last week. Oh well!

It is very frustrating that Dolphin will not allow Internet sales on this. As it is, I will have to drive at least an hour to get one.

Jtech1
Could be ... I had called last Friday and she got back to me an hour later with the price but I finally got through to order it this Monday. I live in Ocean County and drive down to Atlantic County if that gives it away :)

I'm also in NJ and in the market for the M5. I had an old original Aquabot that's about 10 yrs old and is not working that great. I was also considering the Aquabot T4RC, but the top loading cartridge filters are so much more appealing then dealing with a filter bag. Trying to find a place somewhat local that sells the M5. Any tips please PM me.

So it seems that the pool places have plenty of the m4 in stock but waiting on the m5 to arrive. I don't want to buy something that will be on sale in a few weeks because the stores seem to have so much stock. The price I seem to be quoted for the m4 is 1149 but with no caddy or remote. Are the rebates still active?

Took the plunge and purchased the Dolphin M5; looking forward to running it through its paces. I'll will post my findings. This one is replacing a 8 + yr old Original Basic Aquabot. Which used to take 7 hrs to clean my pool.

cviz said:
Took the plunge and purchased the Dolphin M5; looking forward to running it through its paces. I'll will post my findings. This one is replacing a 8 + yr old Original Basic Aquabot. Which used to take 7 hrs to clean my pool.

cviz,
Looking forward to your findings on the M5. I am also in the market for an M5 in NJ. I am in NW NJ (Morris County). I visited a dealer today that had M4s and could easily get me an M5. Seemed to have a decent repair shop. Price was $1199. for the M4. This included all rebates and also took into account $100. for trading in my Aquabot. M5 was another $200., so $1399. I'm still on the fence but may pull the trigger soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
got my m5 yesterday and have to say im a little disappointed, the full filter light came on in like 20 minutes pulled it up and pulled the filter boxes out and there was a few leaves in there that's it, you have to be kidding me, these baskets or so tiny, they are meant to pick up miniscule particles, that's not what I thought it was gonna be. in September I get acorns and I can see they wont fit in that opening. I have some algea on the deep end wall under the diving board and the m5 just rolled over it, didn't even disturb it, my old Hayward suction cleaner sucked that right up and put dozens of leaves and acorns into my pump basket. I think I made a mistake. my pool is Grecian style with many angles and it cant seem to keep a straight line either, so its just random just like my old suction one. you live and you learn. sometimes the old way is just the better way.

erock14 said:
got my m5 yesterday and have to say im a little disappointed, the full filter light came on in like 20 minutes pulled it up and pulled the filter boxes out and there was a few leaves in there that's it, you have to be kidding me, these baskets or so tiny, they are meant to pick up miniscule particles, that's not what I thought it was gonna be. in September I get acorns and I can see they wont fit in that opening. I have some algea on the deep end wall under the diving board and the m5 just rolled over it, didn't even disturb it, my old Hayward suction cleaner sucked that right up and put dozens of leaves and acorns into my pump basket. I think I made a mistake. my pool is Grecian style with many angles and it cant seem to keep a straight line either, so its just random just like my old suction one. you live and you learn. sometimes the old way is just the better way.

This isn't the first time I have heard of this. Previous person said he was running with only one of the filters in the unit to alleviate the problem. Now I am starting to have second thoughts about replacing my Aquabot turbo with this unit. My aquabot turbo is working ok but it is starting to get a little long in the tooth. I thought this unit would be a nice upgrade.

I have had the M5 for about a year now. I am quite happy with it. Prior to it, I had a Hayward Navigator which did not work well at all in my pool so I went to hand vacuuming. Compared to hand vacuuming this is great. But, the pool needs to be pretty clean to begin with. I use a net to get rid of all the big chunks - really anything big enough to get stuck in a net. It does come with "spring filters" which are meant for spring clean-up and don't clog quite as quick, but they are still not going to hold very much. You really need to think of the M5 like a mop - you clean the floor first, then you mop. It generally finishes my pool in 2-3 hours. The filter light somes on quickly - maybe 20-30min in, but I usually wait an hour before a I do a mid clean filter rinse off. It still works well with the filter light on so I let it go for a while after it comes on, otherwise I think I would be out there rinsing the filters 4-5 times per cleaning session. Hope this helps with your decisions.

Ok, finally got the M5 into the pool the other day. I open my pool over the weekend and manually vacuumed it; as I did not receive my M5 yet. So the pool had some debris and some algae stains. I first ran the M5 with the spring filters and it did a good job picking up the loose debris; but didn't scrub the algae stains; so I was a little disappointed about that. The unit ran for about 2.5 to 3 hrs before the bag full light came on. I was able to manually brush the algae stains and ran my pool filter over night. The next day I dropped the M5 in the pool with the summer filters and it went to work. Did a great job picking up debris. I cleaned the filters, which was a snap and placed back into the pool, on deep clean ( slower movements and stronger suction) to see what else it would pull up. It ran through it's cycle and the pool is spotless; except for my walk-in stairs.

Things I really like about the M5:
- clean up is a snap. The filters and baskets are so easy to clean, compare the Aquabot filter bag.
- removing and inserting the filers are a breeze.
- the unit is very responsive when manually controlling it via the remote; takes some getting use to. The unit turns on a dime.
- like the different cleaning options.

My disappointments are few; but:
- the cart is made of all plastic and I hope it lasts
- was disappointed that M5 was unable to scrub my algae stains and had to manually brush them.
- when using the remote to control the unit manually, you constantly have to press the button to keep the unit moving. I thought it would be one press and it would continue in a direction, until you entered another key press. That is not the case.
- the manually is not very detailed or informative.

Overall, I'm happy with the M5 and would recommend it to others.

Just bought one although it is not labeled 'm-4' or 'm-5'. The Dolphin Premier is some sort of hybrid sold through very few companies. Just try and google it and the only info is with the sites that sell the unit. Needless to say, you just get an advertisement raving about it. The instructions are laughable. Basically a cartoon book. My Dolphin Premier cannot clean stairs properly; runs out of energy climbing walls and leaves enough algae, that it should be picking up, that I am required to brush the pool in addition.

I had a previous Dolphin, also expensive, that did all the things this one claims too. It was like a favorite pet to me! But the Dolphin Premier belongs in the dog pound. I am still steaming at the 5 star rating poolexpress ( the company that sold it to me) gave to this 3 star hog.

I ordered the Premier. It came in yesterday. Set up was fast and it worked well. only place to buy is through pool express out of Texas.

I could not find the similar models locally. I would have had to order via internet. while researching the product line, (which is a pain) I spoke to 2 different reps at Maytronics. one recommended the Premier and one recommended the M4 for my application. I went with the Premier because I was told Maytronics would not honor the warranty on the M4 if purchased through the internet. They said they would honor the Premier, although when I registered it I received a conformation email that instructed me that all warranty issues would have to go through the store out of Texas (not sure how that will work out)

Now I just need to figure out the ballast settings. Not sure how that will go or what to do.

But runs great, and pool water is clean. Also they threw in the bag at no cost when i ordered over the phone

I bought a Dolphin Deluxe 4 a few years ago (3 years ago) and I was wondering if anyone is having the same problems I am having and if purchasing a Dolphin M5 would take care of the problem. They installed 2 new raised main drains in the pool from one flat drain, my Deluxe 4 gets stuck on the drains about every 5 minutes and I have to go pull them off which is a big pain. I have bought 2 Polaris Unicovers which were $120 for both, that didn't work since they just kept floating off so I then bought some Main drain clip ons which cost $70 and they just floated off also. Does the Dolphin M5 have the capability of just going over the main drains or am I stuck with going back to manually vacuuming my pool?

sfatl said:
I bought a Dolphin Deluxe 4 a few years ago (3 years ago) and I was wondering if anyone is having the same problems I am having and if purchasing a Dolphin M5 would take care of the problem. They installed 2 new raised main drains in the pool from one flat drain, my Deluxe 4 gets stuck on the drains about every 5 minutes and I have to go pull them off which is a big pain. I have bought 2 Polaris Unicovers which were $120 for both, that didn't work since they just kept floating off so I then bought some Main drain clip ons which cost $70 and they just floated off also. Does the Dolphin M5 have the capability of just going over the main drains or am I stuck with going back to manually vacuuming my pool?
My Aquabot Turbo also gets stuck on the bottom drain. I use the same Polaris Unicover you mentioned and it fixes the problem. I don't have any problem with it floating off. Anyway, supposedly the new M4 and M5 have a third roller which completely eliminates the problem. I don't own one yet so it would be nice if a "real" owner could confirm the third roller keeps it off the bottom drain.

Ordered and received my M5 a few weeks ago, first pool cleaner I've had but extremely glad that I bit the bullet and spent the extra $$. Great machine, easy to clean the carts, does what it's supposed to do without a problem. The only downside were the instructions...kind of lacking in info, fortunately I'm pretty sharp with stuff and figured it out easily. One thing worth mentioning regarding surfaces: it comes with the "combined" brush standard, there are two others available that may work better especially climbing walls etc depending on your surface...they're listed in the instructions. The combined brush works fine on my painted concrete. Also came with two sets of cartridges, fine paper and regular mesh. The remote is worth the extra $$ IMHO. Between this thing and BBB I'm getting very lazy pool-wise but my wife is ecstatic over the gorgeous pool water. Highly recommended.

Epic Pool Supply (Backyard Living Source)...$1379 incl shipping a month ago, they're on Amazon. Beware also, there is a guy on eBay selling these and other cleaners for a hundred or two less who is NOT a Maytronics dealer and a bit sketchy when I inquired, he ended up not answering e-mails when I repeatedly asked if he was a dealer even though I told him I was ready to order a unit. Supposedly Maytronics is pretty tight about warranty if not bought from a dealer, just sayin'.

Got my M5 today... can't use it for a couple weeks yet, but trying to understand the operation. All is pretty clear except for what the handle settings do. The manual is terrible on this. Each side of the handle has 4 positions... and somehow they affect the waterline time? Can someone tell me what the combinations on both sides of the handle do? Also, the top of the handle has two pop-out pieces that the manual does not seem to say anything about.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.