pool rover jr.

oasis1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Hi, I just received the pool rover jr. I'm needing a little assistance from someone who has one.....I put it in the center of the pool directed to the opposite side (15 ft. length) it just kept going back and forth over the same area for a long time....do i just leave and it will get the whole pool? (the instructions that came with it were not good instructions) Should I have it going in the 30 ft. direction instead? Also after taking it out do I have to open it up to let it dry out or not? Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

I have a round pool and i just drop it over the side. Usually it will go all the way across the pool, then it tends to go about 1/2 way across then back up and forward again. It turns just a little bit each pass. If there is a lot of debris it may stay in the same area for awhile. When it is finished I pull it out, turn it over, take the bag holder off, and shake the debris out of the bag. Then I rinse the bag to get all the loose dirt off. I wash the bag in the washing machine every other use. (no laundry soap).

It should run for about 2 hours. If the pool has not been completely covered during that time and it has stopped, just flip the switch off/on and it will start the cleaning cycle again. Make sure the plastic pin that secures the rear wheels is switched from left to right after each use.

Today I let the rover run its course. It did a really great job except on one side of my pool (curved side) the other side was cleaned good. I'm quite frustrated with it right now!!!! The instructions that come with it are absolutely useless, IMO. Also, the cord got all tangled up. Any input would be appreciated. Is there such thing as cleaner that I can do myself that does not use the filter.... I LOVE the fact that it doesn't run off the filter!!!

There is supposed to be a swivel that will help prevent the cord from twisting up on itself that I am thinking about ordering. It is part number S7930 EZ-SWIVEL and I have seen it available from a couple of pool suppliers.

Doesn't your cord come with the blue plastic swivel on the end where it goes into the control box? I do have a bit of an issue even with that on there, I'm thinking of looking at that part too.

I find that mine works best if I start it against a wall - the "bounce-back" off the wall is what makes it change direction. Also, I found that ordering replacement parts from the Tomcat company is cheaper than the AquaBot store.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.