Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DE filer pressure going down???

1. Back To Top    #1

DE filer pressure going down???

When I started up the pool, my DE filter was reading a pressure of 7 psi. That was when the pool was dirty after pulling the cover off. After filtering the pool, then attaching the Zodiac pressure vacuum and cleaning up the debris on the floor of the pool, the pressure when DOWN to 5 psi Now, five days later, the pressure is 4 psi. What the heck is going on? Could it be I need more DE in the filter? I expected the pressure to go UP after filtering all the dirt from the pool (it wasn't that dirty, but still). I also notice that the vacumm isn't working as well now either.

Help!!!!
    Kelleyaynn
    21,000 gallon (+ or -) in-ground plaster pool with Nautilus DE filter, 1 hp pump, and Zodiac G4 automatic vacuum.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DE filer pressure going down???

1) Check the valves, in case you didn't put them back after vacuuming
    2) You might have a clog in the suction side. Less water in means less water out, which means lower pressure. Start with the pump strainer. You might try probing up inside for a clogged impeller.
    3) If that all comes back negative, report back with an update.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I can't get the pump lid to budge. Any thing I should do before I try to open the pump lid (besides turning off the pump)?
    Kelleyaynn
    21,000 gallon (+ or -) in-ground plaster pool with Nautilus DE filter, 1 hp pump, and Zodiac G4 automatic vacuum.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleyaynn
    I can't get the pump lid to budge. Any thing I should do before I try to open the pump lid (besides turning off the pump)?
    I usually have to tap on the ears of mine with a mallet or a block of wood to loosen it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Block of wood didn't work. I have a rubber mallet at school. It also started raining, so I think I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get this straightened out.
    Kelleyaynn

6. Back To Top    #6

Can the pressure gauge be broken?
    32/33?k gallon IGP
    Concrete? white plaster
    pump Pentair WhisperFlo, 1HP
    filter Pentair Clean&Clear Plus Cartridge 520 sq. ft.
    robot Dolphin Deluxe 4