Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Testing Only For Cl and CYA

1. Back To Top    #1

Testing Only For Cl and CYA

I converted to BBB a few years back, and my pool has been crystal clear since. Starting last season, I basically reduced my testing to chlorine and CYA only - ignoring pH levels. I have a 15' AGP in NJ and the pH level just doesn't fluctuate. So although my test kit has a bunch of different bottles, I only use the R0001, R0002 and R0013 re-agents. If my pool remains clear with only testing Cl daily and CYA monthly, is there any reason to bother with the other tests? Is it just my location and type/size pool that allow me to get away with this? Thanks.
    11000 gallon Viking Fiberglass 12 x 28, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, 24" cascade fountain, 12" cascade fountain, 1 1/2 HP pump, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Testing Only For Cl and CYA

Your PH may be fairly stable from day to day, but chances are it will change eventually. In your situation there isn't any need to test PH daily, but I would do so monthly at the very least.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School