Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I need something clarified

1. Back To Top    #1

I need something clarified

For mustard algae you shock normally and after you pass the oclt and have less than .5 cc you raise it to mustard shock level. Is this correct?
    18' x 36' saltwater inground vinyl pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I need something clarified

Yes, that is right. After a normal shock there will not be any visible sign of mustard algae, but it is actually still there. The an extra 24 hours at exra high shock level will get the last hidden bits of it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I need something clarified

Thanks. One other question. I passed and went to mustard shock level. Rechecked a few hours later and cc's were 1.5. Is that normal?
    18' x 36' saltwater inground vinyl pool

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: I need something clarified

No, it is unusual to see CC at that point. Check the CC again when the 24 hours are up and if there is still CC > 0.5 you will need to continue shocking (though you can go back down to normal shock level at that point).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School