Best way to start from green to clean?

gros21

Jun 3, 2012
Well guys I'm from Australia so summer has just finished pool was uncovered and let run free close enough to zero chlorine.

Now I have ordered a floatron and a dosing pump to automatically dose chlorine.

So from what I have learnt
My pool is 900gal I can get my liquid pool chlorine for $1.10l or $4 a gal for u yanks its 15% (I think) I need approx 700ml per day.

I will shock the pool with about 10lb of chlorine in powder form and then use a flocklant to get stuff out from bottom.

I also have to walk pool with prawn scoop to get all leaves and other Crud out.

Welcome to tfp, gros21 :wave:

Have you read this post? http://www.troublefreepool.com/turning-your-green-swamp-back-into-a-sparkling-oasis-t4147.html It is a great place to start.

gros21 said:
My pool is 900gal
That seem awfully small. That would be only 3400 liters? More like a hot tub than a pool.

gros21 said:
I will shock the pool with about 10lb of chlorine in powder form and then use a flocklant to get stuff out from bottom.
Make sure you read the article I linked to above, the approach you detailed here is not how we recommend clearing a pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.