Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best way to start from green to clean?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best way to start from green to clean?

Well guys I'm from Australia so summer has just finished pool was uncovered and let run free close enough to zero chlorine.

Now I have ordered a floatron and a dosing pump to automatically dose chlorine.

So from what I have learnt
    My pool is 900gal I can get my liquid pool chlorine for $1.10l or $4 a gal for u yanks its 15% (I think) I need approx 700ml per day.

I will shock the pool with about 10lb of chlorine in powder form and then use a flocklant to get stuff out from bottom.

I also have to walk pool with prawn scoop to get all leaves and other **** out.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best way to start from green to clean?

Welcome to tfp, gros21

Have you read this post? http://www.troublefreepool.com/turni...sis-t4147.html It is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by gros21
    My pool is 900gal
    That seem awfully small. That would be only 3400 liters? More like a hot tub than a pool.

Quote Originally Posted by gros21
    I will shock the pool with about 10lb of chlorine in powder form and then use a flocklant to get stuff out from bottom.
    Make sure you read the article I linked to above, the approach you detailed here is not how we recommend clearing a pool.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Best way to start from green to clean?

9000g my bad it's confusing converting every thing so most of u can understand it