Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can you build a deck around an impermanent pool??

1. Back To Top    #1

Can you build a deck around an impermanent pool??

I will be purchasing the Intex 24' by 52" Metal Frame pool within the next few weeks.

My plan is to take this pool down in the offseason to prevent rusting. This is a bug purchase for us so I want it to last as long as possible.

I would like to build a small deck on this pool. Probably 10' by 12', but with a curved side to match the pool contour (if that makes sense... I can see it but I can't describe it.)

Will this be possible considering I will be putting the pool up in the spring and taking it down in the fall? I know the Intex has a ground liner, like a tarp. Would a deck interfere with the proper placement of this?

Thank you in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Can you build a deck around an impermanent pool??

Welcome to TFP!

The deck will make things a little more difficult both setting up and taking down, but it won't prevent you from doing everything you need to do.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tecumseh, OK

Re: Can you build a deck around an impermanent pool??

Sure you can!

Just design the decking so that you can remove a couple of boards when it's time to take it down or put it back up.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -