Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finally Reaping the Benefits of Borating

1. Back To Top    #1

Finally Reaping the Benefits of Borating

Well were going into the second swim season on the BBB method, and I'm finally reaping the full benefits of Borating on the BBB method! My PH has stabilized to the point it stopped climbing up! I added Borates last season and didn't really see anything from it but this year doing the same thing as last year the PH has stopped climbing. Actually I had to water down the acid in the dosing system because it was lowering it to much! I put 1 gallon in it about 5 weeks ago and its basically just water in there now! Filled 3 times with just pool water so I don't think there is any left in there. Todays test looks like the last 4 weeks testing! Water is crystal clear and swimming is great! Thanks guys!

FC 5
    CC 0
    PH 7.5
    CYA 50
    TA 60
    Borates 50
    Salt 3000
    CH 400+ Fill water almost 300 nothing to but watch it!
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Finally Reaping the Benefits of Borating

Have you noticed reduced chlorine demand? I noticed that I'm using about 1.5ppm/day on hot days now compared to 2.5 last year.
    16k gal, 28'x3.5', Vinyl A/G, 1hp Pentair Dynamo 2-speed Pump, Hayward S160T Sand Filter, Intermatic HB800RCL Digital Timer, Intex 8110 SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir Author: Jesse's Graphical Pool Testing Log

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Finally Reaping the Benefits of Borating

Yes, a little Jesse. I'm running my SWG lower than last year so far.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,