Crystal clear water, but no FCL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A couple of things.

1. Did you actually measure the FC & CC last night, or did you assume by the amount of FC you added that it was 20 ppm?
2. Are you sure of your CYA level? Might be time to test it again.

Bama Rambler said:
A couple of things.

1. Did you actually measure the FC & CC last night, or did you assume by the amount of FC you added that it was 20 ppm?
2. Are you sure of your CYA level? Might be time to test it again.

Yes, I measured the FC and CC. It was 20ppm FC with .5ppm CC or less. I will check my CYA levels again tonight.

So here are my levels now

FC: 3.5ppm
CC: 0ppm
pH: 7.5
TA: 110 ppm
CYA: 40ppm

Water is crystal clear. Lost 0 ppm FC over night but almost 17 throughout the day today! Is this normal? Do I need to shock again?

Something seems off. That is a huge loss during the day for apparently no loss at night. Sure about the CYA right?

Bump the FC back up and then do the OCLT again to be sure.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Thanks. I'm not use to the black dot tes but feel pretty good about it. If anything it might be lower but not much. Dot is absolutely not visible at 30ppm. Pretty sure it is not visible at 40. Would a low CYA cause this? Should I consider raising? I'll need to buy more bleach before I can bring back to shock level. This is very frustrating and depressing considering how clear my water is :? Just doesn't seem like anything should be wrong with water this clear. I'll try and post a pic tomorrow

Should mention that I haven't backwashed in a few days. Vacuumed all day yesterday and last night with aquabot pool vac.

Your FC should never be allowed to drop that low. Do the OCLT. I am guessing that something is growing and you need to go through the shocking process.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.