Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool build question regarding glass tile

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build question regarding glass tile

After two years of planning - construction is under way on our new pool. I have selected 2" x 4" glass tiles in a subway pattern for the waterline. I am getting really nervous about the installation. My pb has many years of experience but has not installed glass tile before. The installation recommendation from the manufacturer does not mention a water proof barrier that I have now seen mentioned a few times. They do recommend a few specific thin sets, unsanded grout, and a 21 day min cure before submersing. Anyone with experience that could help me out? How firm is the 21 day rule - my pb is not happy out this unexpected delay. Thank you in advance for your help

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: New pool build question regarding glass tile

I'm definitely not a glass tile expert, but I do know that glass tile is very finicky and easy to do wrong.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School