Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Got Test Kit, 1st readings - advice

1. Back To Top    #1

Got Test Kit, 1st readings - advice

Good day,

We are back from vacation - pool is crystal clear , have my TF100 test kit ( 1st time using it ):

Any advice - please:

FC - 19.0 - added bleach almost 3 weeks ago ( 4 , 182 oz jugs 6% ) - strange to me how it can still be so high, direct sunlight all day
    CC- 0
    TA - 170 - alittle high
    PH - 7.8
    cya - 100 - using the closes line in the cya tube
    CH - 280

Pool is very clear...
    thanks so much,
    -chris
    30,000 IG, sand filter, 1 3/4hp super pump. 2 Skimmer, 1 bottom drain. Hayward 400K Heater, Polaris 9300 Sport..

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Got Test Kit, 1st readings - advice

Try the CYA test again using 50/50 pool water and tap water; test that and double the reading. You may have 120 or 150 or even higher CYA. Then see if FC is still too high for your CYA level.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Got Test Kit, 1st readings - advice

Thanks Richard, I will do that, have one of my's son's friends bday party to attend - I will post results later...Thank You~!
    30,000 IG, sand filter, 1 3/4hp super pump. 2 Skimmer, 1 bottom drain. Hayward 400K Heater, Polaris 9300 Sport..