Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: T-cell (T-15) not generating, but no errors

1. Back To Top    #1

T-cell (T-15) not generating, but no errors

My Goldline Turbo Cell chlorine generator is not working. The salt display on the control box has been stuck at 2400 (even after adding 3 bags and checking that salt is at 3500 using a titration test kit) for weeks/months.

The Goldline control box has Power and Aqualink RS LEDs lit solid green, but it never shows "Generating". Also, none of my control panels (All Button, One Touch) show the salt level display any more either. The All Button used to show "Salt xxxx" when the filter pump was running, but not now. It appears that the system doesn't really know that the CLcell is attached.

I needed to clear my Jandy RS6 system memory a while back due to a Spalink problem. I'm guessing that the memory clear/reset wiped out some setting someplace for the CL generator.

When cycling through the display on the cell box I see these:

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: T-cell (T-15) not generating, but no errors

The percentage setting appears to be set to zero percent. Have you tried turning up the output knob?

It won't display the salt level if the cell hasn't been active in some time. It can only measure salt when the cell is active.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: T-cell (T-15) not generating, but no errors

Thanks. The output knob is disabled when the RS6 is hooked up - it is under full control of the Jandy.

However, that was a close guess. It looks like my Aquarite was set to 0% after the memory clear. Apparently when it is set to 0% the Salt display and 0% load is NOT displayed on the All Button, which seems a bit odd.

So, when I bumped up the cell load above 0%, everything went back the way I expected - the Generating light is on and the display is back.

All working here.