Help identifying a part

Aug 6, 2011
I'm a relatively new pool owner, and I'm trying to figure out the plumbing. I've got most of it, but there's one component I can't identify. It's a cylindrical part on the return line to the pool. Any ideas?
[attachment=0:1uh5rg46]mystery_part.JPG[/attachment:1uh5rg46]
[attachment=1:1uh5rg46]layout.JPG[/attachment:1uh5rg46]

Attachments

• layout.JPG
    layout.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 134
  • mystery_part.JPG
    mystery_part.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 134
Any wires on it? Does it open up?
If not ...
Guessing a check valve although seems rather large.

Curious ....

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The previous owner of this house had one of them on the cold water feed for this house. This one actualy plugged in, and you wrapped two wires around the pipe.

I had a plumber in doing some CSST work (no license for me) and he took one look at it and said "explain to me how somthing you buy for $40 on late night TV can do the same job as a prefessionaly installed $3,000 water softening system?"

-dave

Bama Rambler said:
The magnet is installed on the return line to the pool. It introduces free electrons into the water that allow the unbalanced water molecules to stabilize, which dramatically reduces mineral buildup at the water line.
That's what the manufacturer says anyway? :scratch:

Unbalanced water molecules? Sounds scary. :albino:

JohnT said:
Unbalanced water molecules? Sounds scary. :albino:

Yes, you should always keep your water molecules balanced, they're much happier that way!

h2o.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.