Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TA is 250

1. Back To Top    #1

TA is 250

TA is 250 and cloudy water and everything else in check so I am assuming this is the cause.. How much Muratic acid should I add to lower to acceptable levels?
    21" Round Cornelius above ground pool, 2 hp 2 Speed laser pump, 400lb sand filter, 25 mil Virgin Vinyl Liner

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: TA is 250

Everything else "in check" is not helpful...TA is typically not the cause of your cloudiness. If you will post a full set of test results, we can begin helping.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

No magic bullet. It's gonna take some time. What is your PH? Lower PH to 7.2 and as it rises back to 7.8-----------keep lowering back down to 7.2 to gradually reduce TA. See the pool calculator to see how much to add.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

My TA always starts out around 325 and I've never had cloudy water. I'd be surprised if this was your cause.
    ~~ Allison ~~
    Intex 18' x 48" Easy Set Pool, approximately 5455 gallons
    Krystal Clear 1500 GPH Filter Pump Model 56635EG - 635 with Auto Timer
    BBB FOR BEGINNERS ~ THIS IS A MUST READ FOR ANYONE OVERWHELMED!!

5. Back To Top    #5

FC 13.5
    CYA 60

Also we have some scaling on the walls, but had it last year too and still got it clear.
    21" Round Cornelius above ground pool, 2 hp 2 Speed laser pump, 400lb sand filter, 25 mil Virgin Vinyl Liner

6. Back To Top    #6

Do you know your CH level? What about PH?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Do you know your CH level? What about PH?
    ph 7.5
    CH 150

8. Back To Top    #8

If the cloudiness is caused by calcium clouding (the only possible cause that might have anything to do with TA) it will go away if you lower the PH to 7.2.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

Lowered the PH to 7.2 for two days now and cloudiness got a little better. I started aerating tonight with the filter on high and inlet pointed up.