Just Can't Get It!!!

Adding some CYA and CH is much easier than removing it.

When you say the plaster and steps are white ... are they smooth or do they feel rough? Wondering if it is scale or if the surfaces got bleached from high FC levels.

The levels from this morning look fine to me ... no really need to mess with anything.
FC is a little higher than required.
Using the pool calculator, the CSI is a little on the negative side, so that should help prevent any additional scale if that is in fact what is on the walls.

Since you have a SWG, you could raise the CYA a bit if your pool gets a lot of sun.
The SWG will tend to make the pH rise. Lowering your TA could help with that some. But, if you do that, raising your CH closer to 300ppm would prevent CSI from getting too negative.

Is there something that you are currently worried about?

The water looks pretty clear. He said the water looked a little green but after the sun started shining on it it doesn't to me. After the partial drain & refill yesterday & I saw my walls were white I pretty much freaked. I have just convinced hubby to let me try the BBB & I would take over the care of the pool. The main reason being the FC was high but areas on the walls felt a little slick to me. We have a grandson that has cystic fibrosis & I just want our pool to be safe for him!!! Thanks for your help! I am trying to figure out how to attach pics.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.