Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Moving Intex Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Moving Intex Pool

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to read my post! We have been given an Intex 24' x 52" Ultra-Frame Above Ground Pool which has been uncovered all winter and looks pretty nasty...but hey, I'm not gonna pass it up! My question is when would you recommend cleaning it - while it's full with the dirty water, after it's drained, or after it's moved and re-filled? Any advice on the best cleaning method would be awesome too! I'm clueless on pool maintenance but I'm looking forward to learning! I'd like to stay away from chlorine if possible because I'm allergic. If the non-chlorine alternatives won't cut it I'll just be a little itchy!

Thanks again!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Moving Intex Pool

Welcome to TFP!

Drain it, then remove any major debris that might have accumulated, then move it, then clean a little more while setting it up (ie mop the liner), and you should be good.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Moving Intex Pool