Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool To deep

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool To deep

We finally shot the gunite Friday, but I see we misjudged how deep a 4'-6-4.5' would be. We should have want with 3.5 on the shallow ends. I know I can't do anything about the center as the drains are built in now but my question is can we add add gunite to the existing sides to raise up and will I have cracking or patching issues in the future?
    Planning a IG 30,200 gal, (35x18)with spa, Geometric shape, DE filter, likely Pebble tec or similar, 2-1.5hp pumps, no waterfall just 3-spills from back, pentair equip
    Cypress, TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Stupid question

Since I am my own GC for our pool, wondering who usually removes the framing boards after the gunite has been shot and how long during the curing process do they remain?

Thanks
    Planning a IG 30,200 gal, (35x18)with spa, Geometric shape, DE filter, likely Pebble tec or similar, 2-1.5hp pumps, no waterfall just 3-spills from back, pentair equip
    Cypress, TX

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Pool To deep

That would be a major undertaking. What does your PB say?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I wouldnt mess with the depth if you dont have too. I remember after my pool was shot, everyone that came to my house thought my deep end looked 15' deep. And it did look much deeper than 8'....but in the end it came out perfect. I think the pool will always "look" deeper with just the gunite shell. Once the waterline tile and coping are installed it will start to look more accurate. Remember the actual water line is well below the lip of the gunite.

5. Back To Top    #5

I was afraid of that. Agree looks deeper than actual but measuring where the tile and waterline are still think we should have went with 3.5. Guess we will leave as is. Thanks all
    Cypress, TX

6. Back To Top    #6

I'It sounds like your pool is going to look awesome! Post some pics when you can...the geometric shapes are my favorite.