I had my pool guys come to open the pool yesterday and I clearly have an electrical problem. Something is tripping a breaker so I've got an electrician coming this week to figure it out so I can get the equipment running. It seems like the likely culprit is a degraded wire outside, as you could hear it audibly when power was on.
In the meantime, when they removed the large mesh cover, due to our extremely mild winter and a some pretty heated spring months, I predictably have a lovely dark green soup right now.
My question is: They recommended I put in some chlorine to shock the pool even while I wait. Without the water circulating through the system, is this hazardous to my pools health? Even walking around and very slowly dispersing it across the pool, should I worry about it pooling and damaging the surface?