Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: sr2000na replaced wire harness but ... now no power :(

1. Back To Top    #1

sr2000na replaced wire harness but ... now no power :(

we recently bought a house with an in ground pool and a Sta-Rite sr2000na heater. This spring it did not work - error code E01. a friend and i opened it out, cleaned out the mouse house and found & spliced back together a broken wire to the thermistor and presto - the heater worked. We noticed a lot of nearly chewed through wires so my husband and I ordered a new wire harness and spent the afternoon replacing it and the transformer that came with as pentair had changed the wiring from a 5 wire plug to a set of 3 wire and a 2 wire plug.

Sadly, the control board does not even light up and of course the heater does not work. (we did reset the breaker)

any tips/advice on how to start trouble shooting ? I know this is a long shot but a new heater is $$$ as may be the bill to pay someone to troubleshoot it ...

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: sr2000na replaced wire harness but ... now no power :(

Welcome to TFP!
    Not to sound silly, but can you put the old wires back in? That may be the path of least resistance. Other than that, I don't know what the problem could be.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

western NY

Re: sr2000na replaced wire harness but ... now no power :(

If you have the old wiring harness you can use it to see if all the connections on the new one are going to the same place as the old one. I would suspect, with the wiring change you mentioned, that they may have changed the connection sequence on the terminals. You mentiond that this is a transformer powered setup. Is the power flowing thru all of the switches? A multitester or an automotive test light will be needed to determine this
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump