tf 100 test kit and CH test

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
I have a 15,000 gallon fiberglass pool with spa. (CH 220-320) is what you guys recommened

I'm currently at 140 CH cause of 2 drain and refills.

220-320 is a big range, so what should i keep my CH at?

now the test kits says to add 2 extra drops if there is copper in the water? do I have copper? how much copper? to add 2 extra drops, doesn't all water have copper since it comes from a copper pipe?

With a fiberglass pool I think CH is a little less important. Aim for the low end as it will rise as water evaporates.

If you have not used algaecides or actually have copper pipes in your pool plumbing, your levels should be pretty low. A pool store can test it for you to be sure.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

should be very low copper then, did 2 1/3 drain and refills. all pool plubbing is pvc

I used to have a 300 gallon reef tank, I have a 12 pound bucket of "high purity calcium chloride anhydrous pellets".

can i use this to raise my CH in my pool?

this is food grade as its for REEF fish tank.

Check the Recommended Pool Chemicals article in Pool School, but I think that is the right stuff to raise CH.

That should work but I am sure you can find something cheaper at the hardware store ... like the deicer, although probably seasonal.

Have you calculated how much you need?

ya, used the pool calculator, the 15lb bucket would be more than plentiful, 33 bucks not to bad.

will save bunches of money buying the purifiber over the fiberclear :)

also save bunches of money now that i'm pool schooled :) lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.