Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need new SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Need new SWG

Hey Guys,

I had my Zodiac Clearwater LM2 for about 7 or 8 years now. Needless to say it actually stopped converting salt. I figured that the issue would probably be with cell plates. My head unit is also a little beat up with buttons not always responding.

Prices seem to be fairly high for salt cell replacement. Also LM2 being a discontinued model I figured Iím probably better off just purchasing a new unit. I don't have to go with Zodiac per say.

Can I get some recommendation as to what may be a few good options for me? My pool is a little under 28,000...

I will most likely be installing this new unit myself. I already have all pre-install work done being that I have SWG already in place. So hopefully it would be just a swap for me.

You help is greatly appreciated.
    1) 20k gallons
    2) Cartridge filter
    3) IG
    4) Plaster
    5) 150 GPM filter, will find out pump info soon.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Need new SWG

Welcome to TFP!

The CompuPool is inexpensive and well reviewed. The AquaRite is an excellent mid-range choice, well reviewed and very popular. AutoPilot is the best high end unit, with several extra features that are nice (but not essential).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need new SWG

thanks for a quick responce.

Would CompuPool and CircuPool be the same company. It looks like that they cell box is very similar to zodiac's, so hopefully i won't need to perform any additional pvc work.

For AquaRite and Autopilot it looks like i would have to redo the opening that i already have
    1) 20k gallons
    2) Cartridge filter
    3) IG
    4) Plaster
    5) 150 GPM filter, will find out pump info soon.