Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Replacing skimmer on AGP

Replacing skimmer on AGP

Hi all. I have a 24' x 52 AGP. It was actually a Jacuzzi brand, which is of course now defunct. The wide mouth skimmer is cracked, not leaking *yet* but I'd like to replace it. If I drain the water to just below the skimmer, will the liner stay in place for me when I remove the screws? Also, since Jacuzzi is no more, the pool stores have Hayward skimmers. Are the hole placements pretty much standard on these so the screws line up? And do you guys recommend coating the new rubber gasket with NSF grade silicone grease?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.

Re: Replacing skimmer on AGP

I would measure both of them carefully to make sure they are the same.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.