Leaf filter cover cracked: Temporary fix?

Apr 21, 2012
The hard clear plastic cover for my Intex sand filter pre filter/leaf cover has cracked. I am ordering a new one but was looking for a temporary fix. I thought large hose clamp and piece of rubber but there is no shoulder on the housing below the threads. Any suggestions?

I over tightened trying to eliminate leak. Maybe the o-ring is faulty. The cap is cracked almost half way around where the threaded portion meets the top at a perpendicular. Just bought some locktite epoxy for plastics but doubt it will hold up to tightening and pressure. I imagine the crack will just continue on around.

At least it is on the suction side, so you don't have to worry about outward force. I was going to suggest duct tape. Sounds crazy, but the pump shouldn't be able to suck it in. I guess the epoxy would work also, but it could be difficult to get it air tight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.