I know this has been asked many times, but I'm a little confused
I have been shocking for 4 days, @ fc25-33 for CYA =60
The water is clear, cc never >.5, lost 1ppm overnight last night., ran test twice to be sure.
with that overnight loss, am I done? Some people seem to say 1ppm or less, some say less than 1ppm. I feel like I barely passed! Also, even though it is mostly cloudy and cool here and the water is around 72, the pool used about 10 ppm yesterday.
This is my third time shocking this pool since mid-April when I opened, even with scrupulously maintaining fc at good levels for my CYA. Aside from the water looking murky when I started, I've never seen any algae clinging to anything. I'm wondering if I have mustard algae somewhere that I can,'t see it, since I keep getting algae back after shocking the pool as per tfp instructions.
Just wondering if the experts think I should keep going with shock levels? It feels like we will never get this pool right!