The process of installing our Intex 26'x52" pool

Taterfink

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
NE Florida
Well, I have picked y'all's brains and you've been wonderful. Now we finally have all the components and beginning the assembly and paver placement. I LOVE looking at all of the pictures you post so I thought I'd reciprocate and post a few of ours! And so begins the process . . .

Attachments

• 1 hour later.jpg
    1 hour later.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 1,858
  • amazing.jpg
    amazing.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 1,845
  • before copy.jpg
    before copy.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 1,839
here are a few more pictures of our progress:

They are loading up all the trash / debris
7318454112_acd7610bf3.jpg

Gonna grind that stump!
7318459704_925cd795f2.jpg

My work place Supervisors! Nothing gets past them!
7318466838_7479d6d625_z.jpg

Okay, Mama, So far so good! I've worked hard and I'm ready for a pupperoni break!
7318468698_34245b9a29.jpg

We are making progress. We are setting the step stones in place today. I'll post more pictures later.

trimmed to fit (kind of)
7348979512_51360a958e_z.jpg

the left side is actually level. it looks odd because the tarp is made in panels and the weave is at a different angle.
7163771149_bc4842a517_z.jpg

and she's UP! WOW! it was a little over powering at first glance! But, I love it!
7163774461_f4ea7503b8_z.jpg

and a view from my back porch
7348987866_59731bb1d9_z.jpg

It started raining two nights ago, right after I took this picture. Tho it helps with the fill, it sure is messing up
the aesthetics for picture taking. I have the water hose in the pool and am filling it up along with the rain so maybe
it won't take too long. My youngest granddaughter and I climbed in today for a bit and scooped leaves out. We had a wonderful time and the water was only ankle deep! Oh, the blue ladder is from the old pool. It won't fit in this one but, it makes for a dandy hose reel/holder.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Big_kid, thank you!

Edn35 -Thank you so much! I put down the tarp that came with the pool. Then I put down a 30'x60' tarp, the insulation, then folded the tarp back over the insulation. I did not use sand. I live in NE Florida and all we HAVE is sand! Nearly impossible to pack down. Packs fine if it's wet. But let it dry and it just loosens up on you. I also resessed stepping stones for under the feet. It is difficult to get a bead on the stones tho, once the weight of the pool and water set in. I'm going to trim the insulation back some more once the rain lets up. That should make it easier to make sure the feet are over the stones.

Re: The process of installing our Intex 26'x52" pool

The water is 2 ft deep and COLD! My granddaughter keeps telling me how much she likes really cold water.:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

A note about taping the insulation. Some have said to put three layers of tape. Do this thing! I had totally run out of steam by the time I taped it. It's holding but I think I'd rest easier if I'd have put a strip down the middle and then overlapped a second and third piece. It would have provided more tooth to the grip of the tape as there'd be more contact area between the tape and the insulation. As I have flexed the insulation around the edges, trying to line everything up, some of the exposed edges have popped loose. These edges will be trimmed away before I'm finished but, I'd feel better if I had triple taped the seams. Hind sight is 20/20 and I wish I had listened :hammer: . I was just so danged bone tired at that point I didn't have it in me to tape anymore.

Oh, digging the step stones in was my biggest challenge. The insulation was a cake walk by comparison.

Thanks for all of your great insight. I have to ask but really don't want to, so here goes..... Have you had any leaks or tears yet?? I've read so much about this pool and that seems to be one big problem with them. We ordered and are waiting on the arrival of this exact same pool. I'm soo hoping that all goes well for you. Hoping it goes well for all of us and that there have just been a few unfortunate cases of leaks and tears. Love your updates. Thank you so much!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.