Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The process of installing our Intex 26'x52" pool

1. Back To Top    #1

The process of installing our Intex 26'x52" pool

Well, I have picked y'all's brains and you've been wonderful. Now we finally have all the components and beginning the assembly and paver placement. I LOVE looking at all of the pictures you post so I thought I'd reciprocate and post a few of ours! And so begins the process . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The process of installing our Intex 26'x52" pool

Thanks for the pics. Looking forward to your progress and more pics
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

here are a few more pictures of our progress:

They are loading up all the trash / debris

Gonna grind that stump!

My work place Supervisors! Nothing gets past them!

Okay, Mama, So far so good! I've worked hard and I'm ready for a pupperoni break!

We are making progress. We are setting the step stones in place today. I'll post more pictures later.
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!

4. Back To Top    #4

Love it. I am soo excited for you. We just ordered our pool today. Now we have to get started on the ground work. I Love when people post their pictures. Looking forward to your progress!!
    28ft AG Doughboy Autumn Breeze, 1.5hp DB Powerline XP 1 pump, DB Sand Filter MM 1900 (19inch), Doughzone Generator (ozone purification), TF-100 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Those are some really cute and cuddly lookin' workplace supervisors!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

A few more pictures:

I decided I needed a BIGGER shovel

tamp, tamp, tamp! (this is the man who owns the bigger shovel)

Lookie what we got!!
    Angie M.

7. Back To Top    #7

more toys!

gobs of salt

LOTS of insulation
    Angie M.

8. Back To Top    #8

trimmed to fit (kind of)

the left side is actually level. it looks odd because the tarp is made in panels and the weave is at a different angle.

and she's UP! WOW! it was a little over powering at first glance! But, I love it!

and a view from my back porch

It started raining two nights ago, right after I took this picture. Tho it helps with the fill, it sure is messing up
    the aesthetics for picture taking. I have the water hose in the pool and am filling it up along with the rain so maybe
    it won't take too long. My youngest granddaughter and I climbed in today for a bit and scooped leaves out. We had a wonderful time and the water was only ankle deep! Oh, the blue ladder is from the old pool. It won't fit in this one but, it makes for a dandy hose reel/holder.
    Angie M.

9. Back To Top    #9

Looking good!
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

10. Back To Top    #10

Thank you!
    Angie M.

11. Back To Top    #11

Nice- Congrats!
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub

12. Back To Top    #12

Looks fantastic! Can't wait for more updates. Did you put any sand down? It looks like you used insulation and tarp only. Thats what we are thinking of doing. Can't wait to see how it works out.
    28ft AG Doughboy Autumn Breeze, 1.5hp DB Powerline XP 1 pump, DB Sand Filter MM 1900 (19inch), Doughzone Generator (ozone purification), TF-100 test kit.

13. Back To Top    #13

Big_kid, thank you!

Edn35 -Thank you so much! I put down the tarp that came with the pool. Then I put down a 30'x60' tarp, the insulation, then folded the tarp back over the insulation. I did not use sand. I live in NE Florida and all we HAVE is sand! Nearly impossible to pack down. Packs fine if it's wet. But let it dry and it just loosens up on you. I also resessed stepping stones for under the feet. It is difficult to get a bead on the stones tho, once the weight of the pool and water set in. I'm going to trim the insulation back some more once the rain lets up. That should make it easier to make sure the feet are over the stones.
    Angie M.

14. Back To Top    #14

love the pics
    hope it fills up soon so you can start enjoying
    Intex 16ftx32ftx52in rectangular / Hayward 2 speed pump / Hayward 21in sand filter / Intex SWG / still saying solar panels coming next year

15. Back To Top    #15

The water is 2 ft deep and COLD! My granddaughter keeps telling me how much she likes really cold water.

Angie M.

16. Back To Top    #16

lol. they love cold water until they have to get neck deep in it. My daughter does the same thing. haha!!
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

17. Back To Top    #17

wow!!! looking good!!

I still have dirt but this gives me some inspiration!!!
    5K gal (16' round), vinyl UltraFrame AGP, stock cartridge intex filter/pump
    using(learning) TF-100 test kit with BBB method

18. Back To Top    #18

Oh this is wonderful! It is nice to see the process of actually putting down the foam boards, as that seems like it is going to be somewhat of a challenge for us (or at least we are thinking so).
    Intex 18x48 Ultra Frame Pool - Intex 2650 Sand Filter - Intex SWG
    Everything sitting in the "Octagon"

19. Back To Top    #19

A note about taping the insulation. Some have said to put three layers of tape. Do this thing! I had totally run out of steam by the time I taped it. It's holding but I think I'd rest easier if I'd have put a strip down the middle and then overlapped a second and third piece. It would have provided more tooth to the grip of the tape as there'd be more contact area between the tape and the insulation. As I have flexed the insulation around the edges, trying to line everything up, some of the exposed edges have popped loose. These edges will be trimmed away before I'm finished but, I'd feel better if I had triple taped the seams. Hind sight is 20/20 and I wish I had listened . I was just so danged bone tired at that point I didn't have it in me to tape anymore.

Oh, digging the step stones in was my biggest challenge. The insulation was a cake walk by comparison.
    Angie M.

20. Back To Top    #20

Thanks for all of your great insight. I have to ask but really don't want to, so here goes..... Have you had any leaks or tears yet?? I've read so much about this pool and that seems to be one big problem with them. We ordered and are waiting on the arrival of this exact same pool. I'm soo hoping that all goes well for you. Hoping it goes well for all of us and that there have just been a few unfortunate cases of leaks and tears. Love your updates. Thank you so much!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast