Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 16x48 Vacuum question

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 16x48 Vacuum question

Hi all,
    I've just finished installing my Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 above ground pool. Now it came with the cheap vacuum that you hook up to a garden hose, but I wanted something better. I received a vacuum hose and vacuum head from my parents from Lowe's, but of course it won't attach to the adapter I put on the lower outlet that the floating skimmer attaches to. My question is can I buy an adapter that will allow me to attach this vacuum hose to the outlet valve that flows into the pump? Or an adapter that goes on the skimmer to hook the hose into? (I thought I read about that)

Thanks all!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex 16x48 Vacuum question

Have you tried leaving the hose connected to the wall and disconnecting the hose from the bottom of the skimmer and putting the vacuum hose into the end of the skimmer hose? That was how I had to make my vacuum hose work on the previous Intex pool we had. Just not sure of the new Intex skimmers are still the same as the older ones tho..

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

3. Back To Top    #3

Great minds think alike! I actually did try that, but the end of the plastic skimmer hose was too large to fit tightly on the end of the vacuum hose. I thought about a hose clamp but this thing was probably at least 1/4" bigger than the end of the vacuum hose.

4. Back To Top    #4

Bummer
    Maybe wrap some electrical tape around the vacuum hose to make it fit better
    There has to be some type of an adapter!

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -