The pressure in my sand fliter pump is too high and the flow

Jun 1, 2012
What do I do about the pressure in my new sand filter pump? I did everything I read to do and the water flow is too low. I cant keep my water clean and clear because the water isn't circulating like it is supposed to!!

Re: The pressure in my sand fliter pump is too high and the

Welcome to TFP.

What is the filter pressure?
What model is the filter?
What model pump do you have? D
Do you have a multiport valve or slide valve?

I have the Intex 2650 sand filter pump for my 24' x 52' round above ground pool. The pressure is in the yellow between 11 and 12 and I have slide valves.

I don't want to ask any dumb questions on here, but i am kind of new to this pool stuff! How long should I leave it on recirculate?

Wow...when I turned it to recirc, it started blowing out! If it would run like that all the time, it would be great! Now I just need to know how long I should leave it like that.

You can leave it like that to circulate the water but it's not filtering in that setting. It will allow you to chlorinate the pool.

The fact that recirc is much better says that something is wrong in the filter. I'll be around tomorrow and we can work on it then, unless you fix it before then.

So you've got me wondering about my own filter after reading this. My sand filter is at 15 psi right now. It seems to be flowing just fine and the water in my pool is crystal clear but now I am curious if that pressure is to high.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Lindsey, when you get back try backwashing the filter really good for a good long time. A few minutes should do it. The backwash should start clear and then get dirty. Run it till it's good and clear again.

How does the pool water look?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.