Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lumberton Tx Build

1. Back To Top    #1

Lumberton Tx Build

We are officially under construction. We decided to go with a local PB, instead of going to Houston. We are so glad we did. These people are very nice, and are not nickle and diming me for everything. The crew framed up the back wall like 10ft longer than we agreed, and when I noticed him doing it, the PB was like "If you like it that way, I like it that way". He could have easily stopped the guy, and had them fix it. So far so good......
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lumberton Tx Build

It looks like it's going to be beautiful!
    18'x48" AG
    Pentair 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump
    Sand Dollar Sand Filter w/ Zeobrite
    Lil Shark Vacuum System
    Hard Plumbed

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks nice! I like the corners
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Day 2 - Rebar.

5. Back To Top    #5

Day 4- Plumbing rough in. The gunite people drove all the way from Houston this morning (2 hours) with 3 dump trucks for gunite due to a scheduling miscommunication. The plumbing wasn't ready, so they had to head back and didn't seem happy. I don't blame them. They are coming back in the morning to gunite, and the plumbing is ready I guess. I wish they could have found grey skimmers, but I guess I can paint them? Here's some pictures.

6. Back To Top    #6

Is it ok to use spa hose?

7. Back To Top    #7

It looks much better with the longer backwall. Looking forward to the pics of progress.
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

8. Back To Top    #8

That has to be the tidiest cleanest pool construction site ever.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

9. Back To Top    #9

Looking good, I hope the weather holds for the next few days, I know we need the rain, but I am sure you don't need the mud

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks, We are very happy with the builder. Here are the day 5 gunite pics!

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Lershac
    That has to be the tidiest cleanest pool construction site ever.
    I was thinking the same thing!
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

12. Back To Top    #12

Well our tidy work area got beat with rain for several days, but we're back on track with tile work, and coping. They are supposed to pour the deck in a few days. We couldn't be happier.

13. Back To Top    #13

Looks terrific!! Can't wait to see more pics as the build continues
    Bill
    Barrier Reef Pacific1-Pacific color 37'9" X 14'1" fiberglass IG ~ 17,500 gallons, FHPM1.0-2 Jandy FloPro pump, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Waterco Multicyclone 16 pre filter, Jandy CV580 filter, 3 PAL-2000 RU LED lights, 1 skimmer, 2 main drains, 3 returns, 2" rigid pvc suction and return plumbing, BBB method, TF100 Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

We got some decking poured. They are coming back this weekend to apply the deck texture, and plan to plaster early in the week. We have a swim party planned for next Friday, so it's crunch time.

15. Back To Top    #15

very nice!
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

16. Back To Top    #16

What are the dimensions of the pool? Looks really nice and yes, it is crunch time.
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB

17. Back To Top    #17

It's 32x17 and is 4'-6'-4.5'. It started at 35k, but we're up to 38k with the remote controls, cleaner, and spray deck. I'm still really happy, and the PB has been super easy to deal with.

18. Back To Top    #18

wow, alot more than mine but I am super envious. Very nice. Cant wait to see finished pics.

19. Back To Top    #19

That first pic looks incredible, so clean and well dug out.
    Nice looking pool so far!!
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

20. Back To Top    #20

In the Industry

I hate to be a pessimist, but I seriously doubt that your pool will be ready for a party by the June 29.

Talk to your builder. Plaster finishes need more time to cure before they can be heated and chlorinated properly for use.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast