Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can't find the app

1. Back To Top    #1

Can't find the app

I admit it, I'm "search impaired." I just got an ipad, and want the pool calculator app. However, I can't find it in the app store. I've tried searching this site (including the sticky at the top of this forum), but can't seem to find how to get it. Nothing in the app store is actually called the pool calculator, so I don't know which one it might be. Help!
    Kelleyaynn
    21,000 gallon (+ or -) in-ground plaster pool with Nautilus DE filter, 1 hp pump, and Zodiac G4 automatic vacuum.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can't find the app

I found it for the iPhone. I searched "swimming pool" to find it....listed under "Pool-Calculator".
    7,600 gallons, 18x48 round AG, Vinyl Liner
    18.5" Sand Filter
    Hi-Flo Waterway Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

I think if you go to poolcalculator.com there's a link at the top.

But I've heard it's buggy too. Just so you know.

Rob B
    My $100 pool finally died after 6 years.
    Totally got our monies worth!
    Butterfly made me do it...

4. Back To Top    #4

No issues with pool calculator app here. Maybe it's because you were trying to run it on a Galazy Nexus?

EDIT: I just pulled it up on mine, went to Search, typed in pool calculator and it was at the very top, Pool-Calculator.

Since you have an iPad, why not just use the website? That's what I do when I am home.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Nope, wasn't trying to run an iPhone app on an Android. I've just heard it loses data or something, and there hasn't been an update in a long time.

Rob B

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Kias
    Nope, wasn't trying to run an iPhone app on an Android. I've just heard it loses data or something, and there hasn't been an update in a long time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Yup.

See the other posts in the link I just provided for common complaints.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

I must be lucky.

I know you weren't trying it on the Android, that's what the wink is for.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

Ahhh, now I see it. There's no wink on my phone! Although, MrGreen comes through ok.
    Rob B

10. Back To Top    #10

I'm not going to pay $4.99 for it, that's crazy. I just went to the webpage on my iphone and then bookmarked it, so I have a short cut right to it.

Unless the app has some special feature the web page doesn't?
    13500 gal 15x30 oval AG, Hayward DE filter

11. Back To Top    #11

I got an app for my Android phone called Pool Pal that was free and seems to be working great so far.

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by cillovely
    Unless the app has some special feature the web page doesn't?
    No special features. In fact, the web version has more features than the app! I purchased the app (to show support and test it out), but I much prefer using the web version on my ipad. The biggest complaint (which seems to be common) is the app does not save your pool info. You have to enter in your pool type, size, etc every time you open the app. Hopefully there will be updates to that in the future, though!

13. Back To Top    #13

The Pool Calculator app does everything the web page does, and just a tiny bit more (it lists a few optional chemicals the web page doesn't). It spreads things out over several pages, which helps deal with the small screen but is otherwise less convenient.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    The Pool Calculator app does everything the web page does, and just a tiny bit more (it lists a few optional chemicals the web page doesn't). It spreads things out over several pages, which helps deal with the small screen but is otherwise less convenient.
    Jason, is there somewhere I can input what type of pool I have in the app? Just like at the bottom of web version, where I put vinyl/fiberglass/etc. If not, no big deal..just curious if I am missing something. Thanks!

15. Back To Top    #15

Yes, press the Goals tab and then press setup, that will let you choose use goals from, source of chlorine, and pool surface.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

16. Back To Top    #16

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Yes, press the Goals tab and then press setup, that will let you choose use goals from, source of chlorine, and pool surface.
    Awesome, thank you!