Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Trying to get levels right

1. Back To Top    #1

Trying to get levels right

I am a new pool owner. We recently bought a house with an IG pool that had been covered through the winter. We got the water clear after shocking it but there is still the faint color of light green occasionally on the sides of the liner. The liner is beyond faded and is almost white and will be replaced next year. Here are my specs to my pool.
    16x32
    17100 gal
    IG
    Sand filter
    Vinyl liner

FC-24
    CC-1
    ph-7.5
    TA-130
    CH-70

I couldn't seem to work the CYA test, so that is a work in progress. I have been getting tips from other pool owners to get me this far but want to make sure I do this right. I just bought the test kit TF-100 and that is how I got my readings. If there is something I may be leaving out, please let my know. Thanks for your help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Trying to get levels right

Welcome

Keep following the Shocking Your Pool process as your CC are a little high and if you see green ... that is bad (are you brushing while at shock level?)

Although how do you know your shock level for FC if you do not know the CYA? See Chlorine CYA Chart

For help with the CYA test look at: extended-test-kit-directions-t25081.html#p206397
    That also contains tips for all the other tests as well.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Without CYA test numbers.......we can't validate your FC shock level.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

What's going on with the CYA test that's troubling you? Maybe we can help?
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok, my CYA test is 60. What do I do now?

6. Back To Top    #6

See my last post. According to the chart you need to maintain FC > 24ppm at all times.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you, it seems I may be on the right track. You guys rock!