Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: New pool owner in sunny San Diego

New pool owner in sunny San Diego

Howdy! New member and new pool owner. Just had the existing pool on our new (to us) house resurfaced and equipment replaced as the whole lot as at the end of its useful life. Starting from scratch and remembering how I maintained a pool as a chore when I was 14 has only gotten me so far! I stumbled across TFP googling around for pool chemistry/dosing info and let me tell you, this site is going to save my sanity! I've learned quite and bit and just ordered a TF100 so I can get a handle on things. My basic test kit and assortment of bags of fancy chemicals from the local pool store didn't fill me with confidence. TFP has and I'm grateful for it! Pics once I get things a bit more in shape!
    ~14,000 Gal, Pentair Quad DE 60, IntelliFlow VF, IntelliChlor IC40 (online soon), SunTouch controller, passive solar

Re: New pool owner in sunny San Diego

Oh! We need b4 pictures as well! That way we can REALLY ooooo and ahhhh over it once you've got a handle on it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, HASA Liquidator, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

Welcome to TFP!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Pool before, draining for plaster work. Rust spots had started.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~14,000 Gal, Pentair Quad DE 60, IntelliFlow VF, IntelliChlor IC40 (online soon), SunTouch controller, passive solar

After! Much better. Should be turning on the IntelliChlor next week. Still getting my levels adjusted and getting used to things, which will change after the salt kicks in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oooooooo! Ahhhhhhhh!

It is gorgeous! Thanks for the pictures!
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, HASA Liquidator, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)