Clean & Clear Plus CCP520 vs SwimClear C5025

There's probably not much difference in the filtering capability/performance if you look at specs like flow rate.
I just decided between Pentair and Hayward cartridge filters (the 425sq ft models)-- and chose the Hayward. The reason -- the drain valve location worked better for me. The Pentair's drain valve is under the inlet/outlet ports; the Hayward's is on the opposite side. It seemed to me that access to the drain port on the Hayward would be easier.

Another point for you to keep in mind -- this year's models of Hayward Swimclear (C5030, I believe) cart filters have the inlet port on the BOTTOM and the outlet port on the TOP. The new filters now have a top-manifold design (internally). This is opposite to previous models. Just something you should know in case it wreaks havoc with your existing plumbing.

I don't know nothing about plumbing and my brain almost melted when I tried to calculate flow rates :lol: so I'll just do what the pool tech says... I guess.
He says our current plumbing is all wrong and he'll redo it.

Here's what he suggested:
Clean & Clear Plus CCP520 [520 because I insisted on the biggest filter :mrgreen: ]
WhisperFlo 1HP
IntelliChlor IC40

I'm not making any huge mistakes, am I?

Attachments

• equipment.jpg
    equipment.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 217
Layout does not look too bad ... just odd to use the flew pipe instead of rigid.

Might be worth considering a 2-speed pump if you are replacing it (not much more up-front cost).

Also, what is wrong with your current pump? It is possible to just change the motor/impeller with a 2-speed as well.

If it is just loud, a new motor should take care of that if the wet end is fine ... although it is always nice to have everything new.

And that style pump is not NEARLY as old as some we have seen still chugging away ... looks the same as the current Super II.

Yeah, what Jason said.

That Hayward SuperPump looks pretty good. It's easy to work on and parts are readily available.

Run the pump motor 'til it fails, if you can tolerate the noise. Then you can unbolt it from the pump, take it to a local pump/electric motor place, and get the motor replaced for around $200. I had to get mine replaced in May - in by 9 out by 4. Easy peasy!

What's wrong with your filter? It, too, doesn't look very old.

Please disregard my comments if you've got money burning a hole in your pocket and really want to spend on your pool!

Cheers!

CUTiger78 said:
What's wrong with your filter? It, too, doesn't look very old.

Please disregard my comments if you've got money burning a hole in your pocket and really want to spend on your pool!
Cheers!
:lol:

The filter is broken and not filtering Darn... besides, we really dislike handling DE and dumping it on the lawn... my DH likes cleaning things :wink: he doesn't mind cleaning Dolphin's diaper and says he'd rather clean cartridges than do this backwashing thing. We are weird :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does that include installation? not that it is very hard to install yourself. Local pool stuff is always more expensive than online.

Ask them what they charge to install equipment you buy elsewhere.

noopa said:
almost forgot: the guy also said they don't make salt systems bigger than 40K gallons, so I prolly should double check what he says.

Who is "they"? Hayward does not, but other companies do.

I am loosing faith in your pool guy :|

Do you really want SWG the same brand as the pump? Will you use automation if you don't have much to automate?

Do you really want a 2 speed pump if you have relatively cheap electricity and just pool without bells and whistles [and not planning on getting any bells and whistles in the nearest future]?.. my brains hurt...

Re: Clean & Clear Plus CCP520 vs SwimClear C5025

If all you have is a plain pool then you don't need automation so you can mix and match manufacturers no problem. Get the SWG you want.

Again with a plain pool, you could run a 2-speed pump on low all the time for circulation and save money. On low it moves about half the water than at high speed, but uses 1/4 the amount of power.

What size motor you have now?

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

jblizzle said:
Again with a plain pool, you could run a 2-speed pump on low all the time for circulation and save money. On low it moves about half the water than at high speed, but uses 1/4 the amount of power.

What size motor you have now?
1.5 HP 'super pump'. It was set to run 12 hours a day... and we have 1.5" skimmers?

So with a 2-speed, you could run on low speed for 24/7 to get the same water turn over, but would actually use half the amount of electricity.

Of course you likely may not need to be running your current pump that long and may be able to get by with shorter run times.

It is also possible that you could get by with a smaller pump/motor (1HP) either 1 or 2 speed since you do not have any need for higher flow rates (waterfall, spa, solar, etc). The smaller pump/motor would save even more money.

Got the Clean & Clear Plus 520 and WhisperFlo 1HP. Very happy so far.
We have FLOW now [like, 2 times more flow than with 1.5 HP 'super' pump] and sparkling water.

Didn't get the SWG. Quote from another store: $2,500 for IntelliChlor IC-60 including installation... I dunno, imho, it's a robbery.
I'd rather be pouring bleach :lol: or maybe convince DH to install SWG ourselves.

Attachments

• new_equipment.jpg
    new_equipment.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 131
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.