Adapters

Tldga3

May 29, 2012
I need a 2.5" I'd to 2"od adapter. I have a valve that I previously glued to a 2" piece of PVC and I re done some plumbing and now need to use the 2-1/2" od of the valve to connect a 2" union. I cannot find the adapter I think I need. Any ides?
Bob

You will need to use a 2.5" coupler to a piece of 2.5" pipe. Then a 2.5"/2" reducer to a 2" piece of pipe and then connect that to your union. This will probably require about 4-6" of space between the valve and union.

EDIT oops ... you need a 2.5" coupler and then the 2.5"/2" reducer fits into the coupler and then use a 2" pipe to connect to the union ... should not need any 2.5" pipe.

What Jason said. 2.5" coupler to a 2.5 to 2" reducer bushing. I tried to find the latter at Home Depot without success. 2" seems to be the largest standard PVC stuff they carry. I ended up getting the 2.5 to 2 inch reducer bushing from a local Ferguson's plumbing supply, but I imagine you could find this at any local plumbing supply house or online.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.