Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adapters

1. Back To Top    #1

I need a 2.5" I'd to 2"od adapter. I have a valve that I previously glued to a 2" piece of PVC and I re done some plumbing and now need to use the 2-1/2" od of the valve to connect a 2" union. I cannot find the adapter I think I need. Any ides?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Adapters

You will need to use a 2.5" coupler to a piece of 2.5" pipe. Then a 2.5"/2" reducer to a 2" piece of pipe and then connect that to your union. This will probably require about 4-6" of space between the valve and union.

EDIT oops ... you need a 2.5" coupler and then the 2.5"/2" reducer fits into the coupler and then use a 2" pipe to connect to the union ... should not need any 2.5" pipe.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Orange County, CA

What Jason said. 2.5" coupler to a 2.5 to 2" reducer bushing. I tried to find the latter at Home Depot without success. 2" seems to be the largest standard PVC stuff they carry. I ended up getting the 2.5 to 2 inch reducer bushing from a local Ferguson's plumbing supply, but I imagine you could find this at any local plumbing supply house or online.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

4. Back To Top    #4

agreed, and thanks. I cant seem to find them...

5. Back To Top    #5

I think I have what I need. I am going to buy online from