Hi all, I'm Dan. It's my second year maintaining a 21' Round AGP , ~10,400 gal. When i opened it this year, I thought I was in good shape, put realized that my pool wouldn't hold FC. After about $200 in pool chemicals and no improvement, I decided to change to BBB method. I received my TF100 test kit this evening and here are my vitals:
.5 ppm FC
.5 ppm CC
1 ppm TC
Since water is not clear, (slighty cloudy...kind of green tinge) I figured it needed shocked. My question is: per shocking directions, it says to reapply chlorine to pool as often as practical...not more than once an hour...not less than twice daily. About a half hour after adding bleach, level had dropped to about 5ppm. Should bleach be added every hour that i can to raise back to shock level, or is a few times daily sufficient?