Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquacal 120 electric

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquacal 120 electric

Just got a new aquacal 120. I have a 40 amp timer that obviously won't handle the 50 amp heater. Does the heat pump have to be set on a time in conjunction with the pool pump or can it just be always on connected to the 50 amp dedicated circuit.
    16X32 Inground, vinyl liner with center steps. Autopilot salt system, Hayward DE36, Pentair VS VRS, with 2 returns, 2 skimmers, and dual main drains. Aquacal 120.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquacal 120 electric

It can be always on, but you must confirm that the pressure switch is adjusted properly for the installation. basically, if the heat pump is below water level, ensure that the pressure doesn't activate the heat pump when the pump is off.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Below water level? Are you talking about below the pool water level, such as the pool being an above ground and the heater being flush with the ground. It is an in-ground pool and the heat pump is definitely above the pool. I am going to call aquacal today, but sometimes you rather get a real persons honest answer. I can myself, run the 6 wire from a dedicated 50 amp circuit in the box to a junction box outside and then run it to the heater.
    16X32 Inground, vinyl liner with center steps. Autopilot salt system, Hayward DE36, Pentair VS VRS, with 2 returns, 2 skimmers, and dual main drains. Aquacal 120.

4. Back To Top    #4

reklak, I am with AquaCal AutoPilot. You can connect it directly to your circuit breaker, separate of your circulation pump. When the pump turns off, the SQ120 will show a "flo" error message and turn off the fan and compressor.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks. That's what we did. Since you are with aquacal, what is the watt range for the aquacal 120.