Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stabalizer question..

1. Back To Top    #1

Stabalizer question..

I have added stabablizer twice to bump it up so far this season. The first reading at opening was around thirty, so I bumped it up to get it to about 40. Waited a week , reading was still 30, so I added more to get it back up to 40, same thing, waited a week and still getting about a 30 reading. I had forgot and left the sabalizer in the garage for the winer and it gets cold out there, could it be tha its just no good. I will go buy a new bottle tomorrow, I was just wondering if anyone else was running onto this?

My water is crystal clear and all my numbers seems to be in balance except the stabalizer part.

ph 7.5
    ta 100
    fc 2
    cc 0
    tc 2
    24 x 52 Round AG Outback Empire Pool 13,500 gal.
    1 HP Hayward Power-Flo pump w/Hayward 18" 150lb. sand filter
    TF-100 test kit & SpeedStir
    Wanda the Whale Vacuum

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stabalizer question..

I don't know that it really goes bad as I've stored mine similarly without any issues.

Are you back washing shortly after putting more in? It can be washed out if you back wash too soon.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Stabalizer question..

No, I have only backwashed once, when I first opened about a few weeks ago. I will add some more to at least try to get it to 40, it gets full sun from early morning until about 8 pm. Thanks!
    24 x 52 Round AG Outback Empire Pool 13,500 gal.
    1 HP Hayward Power-Flo pump w/Hayward 18" 150lb. sand filter
    TF-100 test kit & SpeedStir
    Wanda the Whale Vacuum