Successfully jacked up an Intex/Summer Escapes pool

Oh my gosh. I am so happy. My husband and I have moved and tried releveling 3 times. Finally this last time I said no more!! So using a car jack bricks and a 4x4 we jacked up the 4 lowest poles and inserted pavers to the lowest poles. Now we are good with the exception of 2 low sided poles. The low side is about an inch off, but we are good with that. I figure there will be some more settling, but I'm so happy not to have to drain and relevel again. :)

Jamison04 , thank you for your directions. I don't see your pictures. One of the eighteen posts came off of the paver it was on after the pool was completely filled. We have a 18 by 48 Intex ultra frame. This is our first pool. We already drained it once when it was about 17" filled with water and did a better job leveling it. We thought we were good to go until the weight of the full pool shifted the ground and the post off the paver. Could you press repost your pictures, because I do not see them. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jamison04 , thank you for your directions. I don't see your pictures. One of the eighteen posts came off of the paver it was on after the pool was completely filled. We have a 18 by 48 Intex ultra frame. This is our first pool. We already drained it once when it was about 17" filled with water and did a better job leveling it. We thought we were good to go until the weight of the full pool shifted the ground and the post off the paver. Could you press repost your pictures, because I do not see them. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went back and corrected the image links. I guess when I rearranged my photobucket the images get new direct addresses. The pics should show now.

I wouldn't try it with one of those scissor jacks, they seem abit wobbly. Another tip is to cut a "V" or "U" shape in the 2x4 where it meets the top rail, just for a little more security. And here I thought jacking the pool up this way was my idea. lol Everyone looks at me crazy when their pool needs leveled and I tell them to use a jack.

Hello all. New member here. Same problem. After doing all kinds of work to level the ground... the pool settled too much is way out of level. Scared to finish filling as I still have a bit more than a foot to go, and am already probably 2"s plus out of level. It settled and now I'm out of luck. Jamison04, I am going to attempt the same trick that you did to relevel the pool, but I'm curious as to what the ratchet strap at the bottom of the legs is for? I see it in the pictures, but I'm not seeming to read anything about it in the posts... Should I ratchet in the legs of my pool to hold tension on them before trying to jack and level? Also, did anyone who has tried these methods wind up having to add more sand UNDER the pool once it was re-leveled or did the liner just stretch down into place? Thanks all for your help in advance! Scared to death, but gotta try something lol. ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can't put more sand under the pool without draining it. I had about 5 poles that sunk in a major rainstorm 2 days after I set mine up, it also washed away about 2 inches of sand in a small area on the edge of the pool (about 1'X2') the liner sunk down to fill this small area with no problem. I jacked up the poles and inserted additional pavers/PT wood under the poles. during the storm I had dug a trench around the pool to redirect runoff around the pool instead of under it. It has been stable ever since (this is the third year now).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.